Stem Cells: 10 Diseases They May—or May Not—Cure
Embryonic stem cell research is poised to expand. $$$$$$$ ~ Could an array of treatments or cures come next? $$$$$$$
By Lindsay Lyon, Staff Writer March 13, 2009
WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA’S recent lifting of the ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research, scientists now have new $$$$$$ ~ prospects for developing medical treatments.
Excitement over $$$$$ the embryonic cells comes from their ability ??? as biological blank slates, to become virtually any of the body’s cell types. Many observers believe the president’s move will accelerate the hunt for cures for some of our most MODERN vexing diseases – Industrial Farmed Facoty ‘ALTERED FOR SHELF LIFE’ FOODS~
– RESEARCH IS NOW SHOWING THAT THESE MODERN DISEASES ARE CAUSED BY GMO, OVER-CONSUMPTION OF ‘FACTORY’ Processed FOODS ~
However, the benefits are largely hypothetical, given the infancy of the field & are offset by some real obstacles: The risks of embryonic stem cells, as well as cells programmed to become like them, include the possibility they will actually cause cancers in people who receive them. (CANCER IS PREVENTABLE & REVERSIBLE) with the Removal of Cancer-causing ‘Factory’ from Abusive-Unnatural agriculture methods ~ Natural foods REPLACES with Unaltered (by heat or over-milling – MODERN ‘FLAWED’ CONCEPTS PROCESSING! $$$$
Nonetheless, here’s a look at 10 Health Problems that stem cells MGHT SOMEDAY $$$$$$ CURE—or at least help treat~OR MAYBE NOT!
SUSAN ~ You can stop running for the Cure – there is no cure for Cancer, Common Colds ~ only Prevention ~ Reversal!
- Spinal cord injury. NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE ~ that can be reversed with Pasture-raised CNS & brain healthy animal Protein & Fat & Ancient Grains with Plant protein intact -not Over-milled & removed $$$$ ~ What ‘they say’ In January, the Food and Drug Administration OK’d its first-ever human study of a medical treatment derived from human embryonic stem cells. The objective ~ help people with acute spinal cord injuries. While expected (in theory only) to assess only the safety of the treatment, the study also might show if the paralyzed volunteers can regain some feeling in and control over their lower extremities.
2. Diabetes – Preventable & Reversible by ELIMINATING Over-Milling of Ancient grains – making them a ‘non-nutrient’ ~ (starch or Simple Sugar) ~ What ‘they say’ For the many Americans with type 1 diabetes, whose insulin-making pancreatic cells have been killed off by their immune system, stem cells may be the answer. Last year, scientists reported that they had coaxed human embryonic stem cells into becoming insulin-producing, blood sugar-regulating cells in diabetic mice.
Would it not be easier to rely on Ancient (soaked) Grains?
The aim: to someday $$$$$$ do the same for people.
3. Heart disease. Preventible & Reversible by ELIMINATING Over-Milling of Ancient grains – making them a ‘non-nutrient’ ~ (starch or Simple Sugar) & Modern Over-Heating changing Omega 3 to Inflammatory Omega 6 ‘motor-like’ oil ~
~ What ‘they say’ ~ It’s the leading cause of death in the United States ~ due to Factory processed foods ~ Margarine instead of EV Olive Oil & the Unaltered Non-GMO Mediterranean diet~ stem cells may provide some relief. Research is underway to see if injecting the cells into the heart could help regenerate heart muscle damaged by, for example, a heart attack. Again, researchers have reported success in rodents $$$$$
4. Parkinson’s disease. NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE ~ that can be reversed with Pasture-raised CNS & brain healthy animal protein & Fat & Ancient Grains with Plant protein intact -not Over-milled & removed ~
~ What ‘they say’ ~ Stem cells May or MAY NOT $$$$$~also help those who suffer from Parkinson’s, a neurodegenerative disorder that can cause tremors, stiffness, and other movement and speech problems. Studies show that embryonic stem cells can give rise to the dopamine-making neurons that Parkinson’s patients lack. When transplanted into rodents with a Parkinson’s-like disorder, those replacement brain cells improved the animals’ motor function.
5. Alzheimer’s disease- RESEARCH IS SHOWING ~ MODERN ‘PUTRID’ Disease-causing! ~ DAIRY PROCESSED (3 strikes against) ~ Dead bacteria, Cortisol from abusive~stressed barns & fed GMO gains -when cows need to be PASTURE-RAISED – With Sunshine for Vitamin D & Omega 3 in the PASTURE ~ ~ What ‘they say’ Likewise, embryonic stem cells may come in handy against Alzheimer’s disease, a progressive and deadly disorder (Tau plaque accumulation from Modern Dairy & Ice cream) that degrades and kills brain cells, leading to memory loss, cognitive decline, and behavioral problems. Stem cells may give rise to new treatments or even, some say, a cure; other experts have expressed skepticism.
6. Lou Gehrig’s disease – Neurological disease ~ that can be reversed with Pasture-raised CNS & brain healthy animal protein & Fat & Ancient Grains with Plant protein intact -not Over-milled & removed ~
~ ~ What ‘they say’ ~ There’s hope ($$$$$$$ ~ no breakthroughs) that stem cells could help those with Lou Gehrig’s disease, also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS. The crippling disease comes with a grim prognosis: Many die within three to five years of diagnosis, as their bodies progressively damage muscle-controlling motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. Scientists are exploring ways to coax stem cells into becoming motor neurons that could be transplanted into ALS patients, restoring their ability to move.
7. Lung diseases ~ Asthma from Modern Dairy, Meat & Eggs (Factory Fake Foods) no longer Bioavailable that can be reversed with Pasture-raised CNS & brain healthy animal protein & Fat & Ancient Grains with Plant protein intact -not Over-milled & removed ~ ~ What ‘they say’ From human embryonic stem cells, researchers $$$$$$ in Texas have created transplantable sources of lung cells in the lab. Those lung cells could potentially be used to repair damage brought on by a variety of pulmonary conditions or by lung trauma resulting from a car accident, bullet wound, or sports injury. Unpublished studies using such cells have shown promise $$$$$$ for tissue repair in mice with acute lung injury, the group reports.
8. Arthritis. Also called degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis—the most common form of arthritis—results when protective cartilage in joints wastes away ~ Due to the LACK OF NUTRIENTS (FAMINE FOODS OF MODERN FACTORY FAKE FOODS) ~ Once it’s gone, it’s gone for good. (NOT TRUE – WHEN NUTRIENTS ARE REPLACED – THE HUMAN BODY & BRAIN – SIMPLY CURES THE DISEASE – ~ What ‘they say’ Stem cells could $$$$$ change that. Scientists are examining how best to use them to rebuild lost cartilage and repair shot joints – MORE EASILY & DELICIOUSLY DONE BY REPLACING FACTORY FOODS with Whole unaltered Natural Non-GMO
9. Sickle cell anemia. Stem cell researchers are exploring ways $$$$$ ~ What ‘they say’ to correct numerous blood disorders, including sickle cell anemia. Mice have been cured of the sometimes-deadly condition after receiving transfusions of stem cells made from their own skin cells.
10. Organ failure – May implicate EXCESS – Over-use of Pharma & over-the-counter drugs !
~ What ‘they say’ ~ What better way to ease the shortage of organs for transplantation than to grow new ones? That’s what some scientists think, and with stem cells, that vision may become more than a pipe dream. Last year, researchers grew a beating rat heart in the lab with the help of heart cells from newborn rats, preliminary proof of the concept. So??? $$$$$$$$ Is it worth it ?
Money better spent on a river Cruise to Europe – Feasting on Wine & Ancient grain pasta & pasture-raised Animal protein!!
Lindsay Lyon, Staff Writer
Lindsay Lyon, Senior Editor for the Consumer Advice section, is responsible for editing … READ MORE
Tags: arthritis, lung cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, heart disease, research, stem cells, lung disease, pulmonology
If the spending for human induced pluripotent stem cells — $347 million – and umbilical cord blood/placenta stem cells — $34 million – is added to this, then total federal funding for all categories of human non-embryonic stem cell research amounts to $861 million.Feb 8, 2018
Trends Show More Federal Funds Awarded to Non-Embryonic …
Is stem cell research federally funded?
Under the Obama administration’s rules, at least 75 stem cell lines qualify for federal funding, according to the National Institutes of Health. The NIH has invested more than $500 million in human embryonic stem cell research.Jan 8, 2013
Supreme Court allows federal stem cell research to continue – CNN
www.cnn.com › 2013/01/07 › justice › stem-cell-appeal
http://www.cnn.com › 2013/01/07 › justice › stem-cell-appeal
Search for: Is stem cell research federally funded?
How is stem cell research funded?
Stem cell research is also funded by the federal government’s National Institutes of Health (NIH) budget. It may also be funded by the private sector, but such investment generally occurs later, during the testing and development phase, than during initial basic research.Nov 16, 2017
Search for: How is stem cell research funded?
Why is stem cell research not funded?
In 2001, President George W. Bush restricted federal funding for research on stem cells obtained from human embryos because the technology required the destruction of human life. … Federal dollars could not be used to start any new cell lines or to conduct research on any newly derived cell lines.Aug 20, 2012
George W. Bush and the Stem Cell Research Funding Ban …
healthland.time.com › 2012/08/21 › slide › bush-bans-ste…
Search for: Why is stem cell research not funded?
Is regenexx FDA approved?
The Regenexx-C procedure licensed by these entities is not approved by the U.S. FDA for use in the United States.]
Frequently Asked Questions — TexasInterventional.com
Cancer, Common Cold (all Modern Factory Food diseases)
There is not Cure – only Prevention & Reversal
Susan- you can stop running~
Fake clarities – st Jude’s hospital for children Medicare covers – plead to ‘bleeding hearts’ $$$$$$? Cancer is totally PREVENTIBLE & REVERSIBLE – WHEN IMMUNE SYSTEM IS PROPERLY ARMES – FAKE FACTORY FOOD ~ FAMINE – IMPOTENT!
We have the OPPPRTUNTY TO change to teach how to eat to prevent cancer, mental illness, common cole, Corona Virus –
The resistance to chemotherapeutics by the cancerous cells has made its treatment more complicated. Animal venoms have emerged as an alternative strategy for anti-cancer therapeutics. Animal venoms are cocktails of complex bioactive chemicals mainly disulfide-rich proteins and peptides with diverse pharmacological actions. The components of venoms are specific, stable, and potent and have the ability to modify their molecular targets thus making them good therapeutics candidates. The isolation of cancer-specific components from animal venoms is one of the exciting strategies in anti-cancer research. This review highlights the identified venom peptides and proteins from different venomous animals like snakes, scorpions, spiders, bees, wasps, snails, toads, frogs and sea anemones and their anticancer activities including inhibition of proliferation of cancer cells, their invasion, cell cycle arrest, induction of apoptosis and the identification of involved signaling pathways. Copyright© Bentham Science Publishers; For any queries, please email at email@example.com.
The National Cancer Institute has spent some $90 billion on research and treatment during that time. Some 260 nonprofit organizations in the United States have dedicated themselves to cancer — more than the number established for heart disease, AIDS, Alzheimer’s disease, and stroke combined.Feb 7, 2013
Where Do the Millions of Cancer Research Dollars Go Every Year?
slate.com › human-interest › 2013/02 › where-do-the-mill…
Researchers using a simulation model have put a price on the direct medical costs of treating diabetes and its complications, during a lifetime, in the United States. The figure ranges from around $55,000 to $130,000, depending on age at diagnosis and sex, with the average being $85,200.Aug 16, 2013
Lifetime Cost of Treating Diabetes in US: Around $85,000
CONCLUSION: The Sawyer Extractor pump removed bloody fluid from our simulated snakebite wounds but removed virtually no mock venom, which suggests that suction is unlikely to be an effective treatment for reducing the total body venom burden after a venomous snakebite.
Suction for venomous snakebite: a study of “mock venom” extraction …
On average, snake milkers make around $2,500 per month, but snake venom is an expensive market. One gram of certain types of snake venom can sell for $2,000.
Snake Milker Jobs – How to Milk Snake Venom, Serpentarium …
www.jobmonkey.com › Unique Jobs Section
WHAT THE US GOVERNMENT SUPPORTS – MONEY INTO A BLACK HOLE~
Perspective on the Therapeutics of Anti-Snake Venom
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc › articles › PMC6767026
Jump to Folkloric Medicine in the Treatment of Snake Envenomation – In traditional medicine, herbal … and Central and South American countries. … of infectious diseases are either … of snakebites, few studies have …
by I Gómez-Betancur – 2019 – Related articles
Snakebite Envenomation in Central and South America …
Jul 19, 2016 – Elapid snake venoms, and South American rattlesnake venoms, induce … Treatment of envenomation is based on the parenteral administration of antivenoms. … However, owing to underreporting of this neglected tropical disease in the … However, experimental studies of P. platura venom suggest that it …
Doctors Testing Snake Venom as Potential Cancer Treatment …
time.com › longform › snake-venom-cancer-research
Dec 6, 2018 – He Saved the Largest Venomous Snake in the Americas. Now … A June 2018 study lists six groups of venom-derived drugs that have … To explain how snake venom attacks diseases, it’s important to clear up a common misconception. … in Serra Grande, 18 miles south of Itacaré, to house rescued snakes.
South American Rattlesnake – Hindawi
www.hindawi.com › journals › bmri
To diagnosis and treat snakebites may be challenging to health care personnel … Specifically in Brazil, venomous snakes are encountered in all territory, and the … Globally, poverty is a distinctive characteristic of the neglected tropical diseases [ 6 … During an observational study (36 months) on South American rattlesnake …
by BT Frare – 2019 – Cited by 2 – Related articles
Medicinal Plants for the Treatment of Local Tissue Damage …
www.hindawi.com › journals › ecam
Despite its significant impact on human health, this condition remains largely … Biological properties of snake venom components are peculiar to each … in tropical and subtropical regions such as Asia, Africa, and South America [14, 15]. … in these studies, the actual scenario of the use of plants against snake venom was …
by J Félix-Silva – 2017 – Cited by 13 – Related articles
Oct 31, 2008 – Select State, Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas … Every year, poisonous snakes kill thousands of people around the world. … Neurotoxins , for instance, could be used to treat some brain injuries, strokes, or Alzheimer’s disease. … The compound grew directly out of venom studies.
Jan 28, 2019 – More than 100,000 people die every year from venomous snakebites. In 2017, the World Health Organization recognized snakebites as a neglected tropical disease. … Several research groups are now developing antivenom alternatives … hog-nosed pit vipers (Porthidium), and South American rattlesnake …
Snakebite envenomation in the Caribbean: The role of … – PLOS
journals.plos.org › plosntds › article › journal.pntd.000…
Jul 12, 2018 – Venomous snakes live in Aruba, Belize, Guyana, French Guyana, … to confront this group of diseases in this region and in Latin America with the … novel lead compounds for the development of new drugs or research tools.
by D Resiere – 2018 – Cited by 2 – Related articles
Snakebite—emerging from the shadows of neglect – The Lancet
www.thelancet.com › PIIS0140-6736(19)31232-2 › fulltext
Jun 1, 2019 – This disease burden is likely to be an underestimate given snakebite is rarely … and 2017, with limited research, stagnating development of treatments, … Asia, and South America who are exposed to venomous snakes but …